Tips for getting even the pickiest eaters all the vitamins and nutrients needed to optimize health and prevent disease.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Use FRESH HERBS

I use fresh herbs in my cooking.  It just makes food taste so much better.  I love using tarragon, sage, basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, peppermint, etc.  Of course, I love summertime when fresh herbs are accessible in my garden.  This year I clipped herbs and put them in zip lock bags.  I've stored them in the freezer.  They are easy to get to.  I also buy the little plastic boxes of fresh herbs and keep them in the freezer.  I think it's hard to always have fresh herbs because they don't last very long in the fridge.  (If you do store parsley in the fridge, clip the ends and put in a cup of water and then cover it with a plastic bag.)

Try storing fresh herbs and using them next time you make a meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment