Tips for getting even the pickiest eaters all the vitamins and nutrients needed to optimize health and prevent disease.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life's Miracles

I've been working aggressively on my garden.  It never ceases to amaze me the absolute miracle of planting a seed and a plant appearing a week or so later.  Some days I sit and stare at my beautiful little plant starts, I call them "my babies", and marvel at the miracle of it all.  I feel so blessed and grateful to the Lord for the abundance of good food that has been given to us.  I don't know what it is about gardening that is so refreshing.  It's hard work, back-breaking at times but so rewarding.  I love being in the sun.  Our church has encouraged us to plant gardens because it's more economical.  And for those of us that buy organic, it is definitely more economical.  Fresh vegetables and fruit right outside your back door.  I LOVE IT.   For those of you who don't have a backyard to plant a bunch of vegetables you can still enjoy fresh greens.  Buy a large planter, fill it with some potting soil and plant some Kale, Chard and Collard greens.  They are easy to grow and the leaves look beautiful. They aren't picky about their atmosphere and they are some of the highest nutrition foods available to us.  I also put them in my flower garden to add some green. 






Fo

No comments:

Post a Comment