Tips for getting even the pickiest eaters all the vitamins and nutrients needed to optimize health and prevent disease.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

the new and improved me



When you feel good... When you can exercise hard . .. When you can see the results of your efforts . . . Life is Awesome! 


I wake up everyday so grateful to be alive and healthy.  I've been truly blessed. I am so happy to have been healed from sickness and disease.  I spent so many years physically and emotionally sick. Through diet, herbs, exercise and the Lord's tender mercies,  I've been able to change and be healed.   I'm healthy and strong now. I'm never turning back.  I'm becoming the person I want to be.  I can do things physically that I could never have done before like beat my brother-in-law in a push up contest doing guy push ups (and no he's not a weakling-i'm just buff :) or run 5 miles in less than 50 minutes. Or do 3 pull ups!! Wow! That doesn't sound like much, but for me, it's freakin awesome..  I've dropped 5 dress sizes.  I went from a size 9 to a size 4 and lost over 10 lbs.


Here's me last year... What a babe!!!
                                               Me now!!


You can do it too.  Start with your nutrition.  When you give your body what it needs, you'll feel so much energy that all you'll want to do is workout.  The food I eat fuels my body and it feels great. Experiment on what foods give you energy and what foods make you tired and sleepy.  Stick with the foods that provide the most energy; foods like: whole grains, vegetables, and lean proteins. 

Next step on my journey... a seriously ripped abdomen and maybe climb a rope.  Flashback to high school... I was the geek who never could climb the stupid rope.  Where's a rope for me now to redeem my scrawny, geeky self.

Promise all this healthy stuff will help you be a better influence for the children in your life.  I used to wonder how my kids had so much energy.  I can keep up with them now.  They learn their eating habits from me and it's up to me to set a good example for them.  Not only that, my kids will learn to have self control when they see me practicing it daily.  2009 was my year! Make 2010 yours!  Do it for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment