Tips for getting even the pickiest eaters all the vitamins and nutrients needed to optimize health and prevent disease.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Cookie recipe, perfect for lactose & gluten free

I made up this recipe for Raw Cookies.  I've made them probably 50 times over the last year and keep some in my cookie jar.  My younger kids love eating these little treats.   I love that! So here's how you do it. 



2 T coconut oil
1/4 c oatmeal
1 c almonds, cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, walnuts (I just mix a bunch of these together)
1/2 c almond butter
1/4 c water (sometimes more if it's really dry)
1/3 c Agave Nectar
1/4 c Cacoa Nibs
1/4 c Coconut
1/2 c  Coconut Flour
1/4 tsp Salt 
1/2 tsp Vanilla sometimes I use maple
                                                    1/2 c organic chocolate chips made with agave or organic sugar

Put all the nuts into the food processor.  If you don't have one of these then use something that will chop the ingredients into a pulp.  My kids won't eat them if there's chunks of nuts.  I love having the chunks but it's all about them.  I used a coffee grinder for the past year til I got my sweet food processor for Christmas (thanks honey).


Then in a bowl mix all the ingredients together. 
Shape into balls then smoosh them down in the dehydrator trays.  If you don't have a dehydrator then you can use the oven on the lowest setting for 1/2 hour.  I leave them in the dehydrator for 2 hours.  

This makes 2 dozens unless you eat the dough.  Sometimes we make these just for the cookie dough.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment